Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

After moving, we set up our 4-phone system. All works

Customer Question
After moving, we set...

After moving, we set up our 4-phone system. All works except: when calls come in, instead of taking a message, caller hears:I'm sorry, but this mailbox has not been set up by subscriber" After re-setting everything, it still happens. What else should I do? Helen

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

It is a Panasonic KX-TGE-430 cordless telephone with digital answering machine...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried ALL troubleshooting...This started after we moved..August 2nd..didn't notice problem till we hired building contractors to re-do basement, as we really had no calls we couldn't answer. (we are retired)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, dialing out is O.K. and talking O.K. If we pick up in time: 3 rings. Tried to make it 5 rings, as we are slow to answer, but it reverted to message.."sorry, etc." when next caller called.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Please tell me, so that I may advise you as to what to do: - If you moved, did you get a different phone company than the one you previously used with this phone? if so, which phone company name, please?