Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic Tv coupled with a Pansonic DVD player DMR…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic Tv coupled with a Pansonic DVD player DMR XW 385. Yesterday I used Setup on the TV for some New stations in our area MidCoast NSW. When I tried to setup the DVD player it wont work and says no stations are available. We checked the chords and the aerial is working other wise the TV wouldn't work. Any suggestions

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

DVD is DMR XW 385 .Approx 10 year +

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

24 hours checked chords and redo setup about 5-6 times.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "... Panasonic Tv..." Additionally, please describe how the Panasonic DMR-XW385 is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Checked all cables and used setup using DVD remote

As posted above...

• What is the TV's model number?
  • What kind of cable is used to connect the DVD player to the TV?