Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a concern about my memory card not locking in place…

Customer Question
I have a concern...

I have a concern about my memory card not locking in place in my FZ300 LUMIX CAMERA

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The make of the camera is an FZ300 PANASONIC LUMIX. IT IS APPROXIMATELY 2 YRS OLD.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This has just started about a week ago. I poned a camera store and they replied that it cost approximately $200.00 TO REPAIR. i HAVE TRIED OTHER PANASONIC WEBSITES AND YOU GET WHAT I WOULD CALL A RUN A ROUND.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I HAVE USING THE LITTLE DOOR TO KEEP THE CARD IN. BUT I DON'T TRUST THIS METHOD THAT'S WHY THE CARD WAS DESIGNED TO LOCK IN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

So the card is not locking in when you press it into the slot?