Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Windows 10 update won't install on my laptop. ProBook 4550s,

Customer Question
Windows 10 update won't...

Windows 10 update won't install on my laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

ProBook 4550s, just had you guys install a hard disk about 2 weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For about a week, tried rebooting, then tried restarting, but still same message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

It gives me a code but when I look that up on the internet the instructions are too complex for me to follow,

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the code it gives you when it fails to update?

Please let me know

2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038788) - Error 0x80070002
is something happening on your end?

Thanks

You will need to do a set of steps to resolve this, they are listed on my link below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/910336/windows-update-error-0x80070002-or-0x80070003

You say you got stuck trying to do them? Can you tell me exactly on which step you got stuck?

Please let me know

since it looks like you've already charged me for the call please walk me thru the steps, I am a not comfortable deleting files.

I have no isight into billing, but in order to walk you through the steps, can you please tell me which step you do not understand and I can explain it

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.