Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My main telephone is working but, my cordless phones are…

Customer Question
My main telephone is...

My main telephone is working but, my cordless phones are not.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

The phones are three years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

They worked with AT&T I changed to Spectrum.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, you may tell the tec. I don't think it has anything to do with the storm.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

I prefer to talk but I can not afford to talk unless I will get my $26.00 back. All I know is my telephones just stopped working.
They are
model no. KX-TG1061
I think I have dsl and I am sure I have a FAX.
Do you answer?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response.

To be clear as well, this is a paid support service, it is not free help, no part of your fee is refunded. You did pay for the chat, if you wish for a call, that is an additional 26.

This symptom indicates OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all cordless handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) check for functionality.

Let me know the results, when you have a chance.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.