Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I work in a business with multiple tvs (all on the same

Customer Question
Hello! I work in...

Hello! I work in a business with multiple tvs (all on the same channel). One of the tvs is just black. It must be on the wrong setting, what should I look for?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Let me check.. one moment

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't tried any. One day about a week ago it said it was going to 'automatic shut off' with a countdown. this has happened before and I was able to figure it out, switching around the settings. I was able to get it to a setting that it wouldn't automatically shut off, but the screen is just black. I'm not sure the make or model.. would a serial number or a manufacturing ID number help?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Anthony, Technician replied 11 months ago
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote does the menu come up please?

Anthony

it does not have it's own remote. however i have been using the menu button on the side of the tv and it does come up

The signal has been lost OR the set is in the wrong input mode,please make sure the set is in the correct input mode,check where the lead from any box goes into the back of the set, note down what input that is and using in your case the input button on the set itself make sure you pick out that input,let me know you are sure this is correct first