Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Re: Blu-ray Disc/ Sony BDP-S3700/BDP-BX370/BDP-S1700 - new,

Customer Question
Re: Blu-ray Disc/ Technician's...

Re: Blu-ray Disc/

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sony BDP-S3700/BDP-BX370/BDP-S1700 - new, trying to install as wireless, can't access the network info to change from wired LAN.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just trying to install.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No no no

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you please tell me specifically which model you have, it looks like you were reading off the manual, but each is different so I need the specific model off the player itself.

BDP-S1700

Thank you for confirming,

you are unable to install as wireless because that option simply is not available in the first place. This particular model supports wired connectivity only, it does not have an internal wifi adapter and thus it is not possible to use it on anything other than a wired connection.

If you can't use it on a wired connection due to its location, you can still use the wired ethernet port in conjunction with an external network device such as a powerline ethernet adapter: http://amzn.to/28SDK86 or or wifi bridge: http://amzn.to/28PrUHk

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.