Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My menu buton on the back of the machine has turned off the…

Customer Question
My menu buton on...

My menu buton on the back of the machine has turned off the control on my remote how do i fix this

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Ns-48d420na16 about 1 yr

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About two months just relizlise this was the problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First, try pressing the MENU button on your remote. Does that exit from the Menu on screen? it should.

Hi - this is Russell H. of JustAnswer. Have you tried pressing the MENU button on your remote?

Does your remote have fresh batteries in it?

I can't. Get the caption to turn on

Have you tried the CC button on your remote? that is for Closed-Captioning.

No why is this cost 36 dollars when I haven't got a answer to my frist question

What is your first question, please state it plainly and clearly - ?

The menu button on the back of the TV has lots clock my remote menu thus locking my close caption

Do you have the Insignia remote? if so, press the CCD button. That is the CC button on this type of TV.

Or use the button on the TV, to go to MENU, then go to

Feature

press the right-arrow button, then go to

Closed Caption Options, or perhaps to 'Digital Caption'

and change the setting of Closed Captioning there.

Does that work?

l have done this still does not work

Then I regret to have to say, I cannot advise you further... I'm not sure, myself, just what is wrong, so I am passing this to any other Expert that can help you further and better. I have Opted Out. Thank you.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

It sounds like your goal here is to turn on the closed captioning on your tv, is that correct?
If so, can you please tell me HOW you get your tv channels: antenna, basic cable (coax only from wall to tv) or a cable/satellite BOX?

Satellite

Thank you,

that means that the caption function would not be available on the tv in the first place, the tv can only generate captions from its own internal tuner (if using an antenna, for example). In this case, the captions would be coming from the satellite receiver rather than the tv. So you'll need to take the dish remote, and look on it for a CC or Subtitle button. If you don't see a specific button for it, press the menu/setup button on the dish remote, and look there for Options or Accessibility, and then you should see the CC, Captgion, or Subtitle option, where you can set it to ON.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,