Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

After I recharged my kindle fire, it seems to be frozen on a

After I recharged my kindle fire, it seems to be frozen on a cover page. I cannot open it, there is a voice which just indicates various buttons, but I cannot open. How can I un-freeze it.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this first solution:

Solution #1:

- Press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything? What's showing on your Kindle's screen now?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was able to turn it on but I cannot open any of the apps

I'm sorry. Is there any error or message?

Did you press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle Fire for about 45 seconds?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is still frozen, It opened up to the app section but is frozen. Tried to turn it off again but it won't turn off.

Please connect your Kindle to charger, then press and hold the power on / off button on the Kindle hard this time for about 60 seconds, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not yet

Please make sure you did this: Connect your Kindle to the charger, and while it's being charged, press and hold the power on / off button on the Kindle hard this time for about 60 seconds, and check.

If needed, can you connect the Kindle to the computer and hold the power on / off button on the kindle?

Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I connect with my computer I do not know what windows I have but I do not have a Mac have an hp
ok connected to my computer

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help troubleshooting your kindle directly through your computer for you:

http://tinyurl.com/ybcnp8xx
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't see that it has connected

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/ybcnp8xx
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

- Method 1:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open Quick Actions.

Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe to the left, and then open Quick Actions.

2. Tap Settings, and then double-tap the screen to open the Settings menu.
  3. Tap Accessibility, and then double-tap the screen to open the Accessibility menu.
  4. Next to Screen Reader, tap Off, and then double-tap the screen to confirm your selection.
  5. In the alert that appears, tap Continue, and then double-tap the screen. When the Screen Reader is disabled, Explore by Touch is turned off automatically.
  6. Then check.

- Method 2:
1. Swipe from the top with 2 fingers separated
(Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe to the left, and then open Quick Actions.)
2. Tap on More twice
3. Tap on Accessibility twice
4. Explore by Touch - turn Off
5. Voice Guide - turn Off

NOTE: If you cannot select something, make make sure to double-tap.

- Method 3:
1. Swipe from the top with 2 fingers separated.

2. Tap on Settings twice
3. Tap on Accessibility twice
4. Explore by Touch - Off
5. Screen Reader - Off

- Method 4:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open Quick Settings.

Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and then open Quick Settings.

4. Tap VoiceView, and then double-tap the screen .
  5. Next to VoiceViewReader, tap the switch, and then double-tap to confirm your selection.
  6. In the alert that appears, tap Continue, and then double-tap to confirm.

Thank you for the remote support session. It's a hardware issue, so for the mean time, please use the Kindle app on your iPhone for reading your Kindle books.

- For warranty repair / replacement, please click on the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

, and sign in your Amazon account there, and submit the issue there.

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you.