Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My remote control is not working. I tried new batteries.

Customer Question
My remote control is...

My remote control is not working. I tried new batteries. Where can I get a remote replacement.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

P265v1RC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This just started happening tonight. I didn't know you troubelshoot a remote.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't even turn my fios off.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello

Hi

You are talking about the Verizon remote here , is that correct ?

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those and I`m not available for it at this time although another expert here may take you up on that when it gets posted to the board

it's a Fios remote that I got years ago when I switched to fiox.

Do you happen to have a cell phone camera , a tablet a digital camera etc. , any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote ?

I have a camera on my cell phone, but I am unable to send pictures to an email address or text message.

Not asking for pictures here

I said to test your remote , not take a picture of it
Turn on the camera and point the front of the remote at the camera lens ,then while looking at the remote through the screen press buttons on the remote.
If the remote is working, you should see light coming out the front of it while looking at it through the camera screen.
If you see nothing coming out and are not sure if you did the test correctly then try it with a known working remote.
You can look at the link below to see an example;
http://www.theremotedoctor.com/trouble_files/remote_setup2.jpg

I will close that phone request as we won`t be using it , you may see a charge for it but it will be credited when i send it in as incomplete /canceled

There won`t be any charges anyways , your CC company denied the charges so never mind that

Let me know how that goes with that test

If there is nothing coming out of it and you did replace the batteries then its time for a new remote which your cable company will supply free of charges

If there is light coming out of it then the cable box itself is defective and again the cable company will replace it

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.