Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic Massage Lounger Real Pro Elite 153. When…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic Massage Lounger Real Pro Elite 153. When I start the massage cycle, it starts the body scan properly. When it gets to the tapping phase of the body scan, the tapping is very high speed and the unit shuts itself off due to the speed. If I operate the unit in manual modes, the chair works fine except in tapping which is too fast.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model # EP3222. I guess it is about 10 to 12 yrs old?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

When it first started with the problem, sometimes it would tap at the right speed and continue with the program. More and more often, it would tap at a high speed and shut itself off. I've been experiencing this for perhaps two years so I have just been using the chair in manual modes. I'd like to get it fixed. I don't think that there is anything mechanically wrong with it, perhaps just a sensor or motor speed control??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure how to trouble shoot the problem?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 5 days by:
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, this type of issue would need to be looked at locally.

What is your zip code?

60585

There is a place in Chicago that can repair the chair. I am not sure how close you are to Chicago but here is a place

Ultimate Backrub Store

547 W Diversey Pkwy

Chicago, IL 60614

(###) ###-####/p>
I had a factory authorized service tech come out and look at it. He wanted to replace the whole mechanism which would have been very expensive. I didn't get the feeling that he was all that knowledgeable and was more of just a parts changer. I'm a mechanical engineer and think that it is a much simpler problem with just a speed controller issue?? Perhaps a new circuit board is all that is needed??
OK, I'll give them a call.

Thank you -- Let me know how it goes.

Also, you can request another factory authorized tech come out if you felt like he was not knowledgeable.

Are you sure that the "Ultimate Backrub Store" does repairs? I called and got a message that they do massage therapy and mentioned nothing about massage chairs or any equipment that they sell.

Strange --- Their business information advertises repair and not actual massages. If they only offer massages, I apologize for the misinformation.

It would probably be best if you have another tech come out and see if they have the same response as the previous tech since you are not sure if they were accurate.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.