Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Monday I bought a HP 6978 all in one printer at Best Buy.

Customer Question
Monday I bought a...

Monday I bought a HP 6978 all in one printer at Best Buy. Yesterday I unpacked the printer and proceeded to install it on my HP Pavilion 500-164 Desktop PC. I spent about 5 hours of frustration and still don't have it working. Can you assist with the problem or should I return th printer to Best Buy?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Product # T0F29A

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Printer OfficeJet Pro 6978

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Sn # TH7731RO6F I just purchased this printer on Monday 9-18-2017

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 10 months ago

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason