Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

When I turn the oven on after setting the timer, it cuts off…

Customer Question
When I turn the...

When I turn the oven on after setting the timer, it cuts off and H98 shows.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

No problem before. Its a Genius sensor 1200 w. Inverter

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started a few minutes ago, I haven't done any thing- cant find the manual

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The H98 error on your inverter oven indicates a fault on the Power Inverter board.

Try unplugging the unit and letting it sit for 10 minutes. Plug the unit in and retry it. If it doesn't work then you will have to replace the power inverter on your microwave to fix the problem.

If that doesn't work then the oven will need to be returned for repair.

Since the microwave is built in, I cannot unplug the unit without more problems. Any other possibilities?
The microwave oven must either be taken for repair or replaced. This error can only be caused by a fault with the power inverter board, which is not user repairable.
Pete, Electronic Engineer