crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I recently added Roku to my television. I have installed the

I recently added Roku to my television. I have installed the roku unit and have the ethernet cable hooked up the hdmi cable hooked up the power supply plugged in and the wireless router is right next to the tv. I can see a green and an orange/yellow light luminated on the Roku unit. However when I try to use it nothing happens.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: it is a visio model E320VA. I have unplugged everything and started over again. that is all i know how to do.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just installed it on the last weekend.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it has been over 25 minutes. how long do mi have to wait for an ansawer

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Did you connect the ROKU to your Wi-Fi network?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is an ethernet cable connected to the century link modem and a hdmi cable connected to the tv

Yes, but did you power on the ROKU and follow the steps to connect it to your Wi-Fi network?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No there were no instuctions to do that and no steps to quide me through that process

Which ROKU device do you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is a Roku model 4630x

Did you switch your TV to the HDMI port for the ROKU and follow the screen to set it up?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my hdmi cable goes from the roku unit to the tv already

Yes, but you need to change the TV to the correct input which will show the ROKU device then you need to set it up.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do I accomplish that?

Do you know how to change the HDMI inputs on your TV?

Your TV or remote should have an option for INPUT -- If you press the input button, it will cycle through the different inputs.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay I did that and it shows multiple hdmi positions, a check mark on hdmi 1. I am going to look and see what port that the roku is slotted in.

Okay, let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay it is now downloading latest soft ware and will automatically restart when done.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
set up process has begunf
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have to go of line with yuu. I have to use this laptop to complete installation

Let me know how it goes

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.