Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need to sign up to have someone ghost my computer to do…

Customer Question
I need to sign...

I need to sign up to have someone ghost my computer to do repairs when necessary How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its a HP ENVY. Bought it at Best Buy 11/2015 Also just bought a new HP office Jet Pro 8715 printer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have had a couple of "computer guys" come to fix this. They say the problem is windows 10 and it won't get fixed until it is removed Also the new printer that was just installed, is in a error mode. I am not a techy person and don't want to be. I have a small insurance office and I just can't have all these problems.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I really don't know! That's why I need to pay for a service that can sign on and see what the problem is to fix it. Make sense?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 11 months ago

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

If you wish, I can remotely connect to your system and fix the problems that you are having. Is this what you are referring to as "ghosting"?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

I know nothing about computers and don't want to,,,,just need someone to keep it up and running. Last week I lost all of my files, emails and contacts. I just can't run a business this way. I had someone out the day before to fix it and you see what happened. I can't do even the most simple things...so please be patient!
No phone call. Thanks
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 11 months ago

Thank you for the update. When ever you have issues, you can always come back to this page and request to work with me.

You can ignore the phone call offer, which is automatically sent to you via the page.

What caused you to lose all of your files, emails, & contacts last week?