Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a 50" Panasonic Plasma TV that we thought was fried…

Customer Question
I have a 50"...

I have a 50" Panasonic Plasma TV that we thought was fried by a lightning surge. We have been told that many times it is just the cord and its capacitor is fried and that might be the problem. Is this true, and if so where do I find a replacement power cord? Lee

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

You would ask....I will get that together and get back online. It is probably ten years old, but I don't have the model handy - the cord and book are in another car believe it or not...........

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

After a very close lightning strike two weeks ago that took out the cable box, the cable guy replaced the box and the TV would not boot up....just some colored lines and no sound.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not unless you want me to wait until I get the model info together and come back online...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you please give me the full model number, found on a sticker on the back of the tv?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.