Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic model TC-42S2 which in recent weekws has…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic model TC-42S2 which in recent weekws has developed the notorious vertical line down the center of the screen. The intensity of it has varied, but so far it has been only a minor distraction. My question is, how likely is it that this is a forerunner of more serious problems in the near future?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

As I mentioned, it is a Panasonic Model TC-P42S2 and it is about six years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I spoke on the phone with one of your customer reps. He gave me a number for a local company, but my attempts to reach them by phone over the past week have not been successful. I have looked at other websites which have indicated to me that my problem is a common one, but I haven't been able to get a sense of how long the existing level of picture disruption is likely to stay the same, Maybe it can't be predicted!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?