Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I get no dial tone and phone says it is in use. I checked…

Customer Question
I get no dial...

I get no dial tone and phone says it is in use. I checked all my outlets. They are ok. It also shows a picture of the phone off its cradle. All 3 extensions are and have been their cradles.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About 3 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just noticed it this morning when I lifted the receiver to make a call. I was home yesterday afternoon and evening and didn't receive any calls so it may have started a day or so ago.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please unplug the power cord from the phone base and the phone line from the wall

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and the phone line

Do you still have the error?

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.