Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I sure hope so!!! I have horizontal lines appearing o pages

Customer Question

Good Morning!!! I sure hope so!!! I have horizontal lines appearing o pages that I print~I tried the cleaning setting and nothing is helpig
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Imageclass MF5950dw approximately 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started yesterday.....the only thing I have done is the cleaning setting....I don't know about any others and I don't want to mess it up
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no...thank you very much...I just use this printer for work and I print legal documents and cant have these lines
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Allright. I have unplugged it, but the problem is the horizontal lines on the page I print.....wouldn't that have to do with cleaning it somehow?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It may have, all an alignment issue or a firmware issue, we are ruling out the latter first

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are still there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
horizontal lines are still there.....if it were the rollers, wouldn't it be going vertically?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Niot always, depends on where the stains where, but I got you cleaning the prinhead as this would make thenm horizontal, you sure you got all ink out of the area the ink goes into?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now its making a clunking noise when it rotates
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Did you leave anything in it when you cleaned? Can you remove the ink and replace it again please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did and it is still leaving the marks and now it is clunking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Remove the power to the printer, leave it for 5 minutes, connect the power and tell me how it then prints please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

How did you go with the last instructions?