Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do I change my DVD from region 4 to region 1? Its an LG…

Customer Question
How do I change...

How do I change my DVD from region 4 to region 1?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its an LG about two years old and has had it's firmware updated.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This has only happened with one DVD....one that I bought from Australia.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 9 months ago
Eric, Technician

Hey there! my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept a request for one if you wish, but you do not have to.
  • Please keep this browser open, so that we do not lose contact. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will continue helping you until your question is 100% answered, please ask as many follow up questions as you want to.

Can you please provide me with the model number for your LG DVD player? That way I can provide you with the precise instructions on how to change it from R4 to R1.

I will go look for it.

No problem! Once I have the model number, it should only take a few moments for me to have the method for you.

Model BP350

Alright, with the model BP350, if you have already updated the firmware to anything over 8.x then you may not be able to change the region. If you have 7.x or below, you will be fine. Some people report being able to do it on 8.x but some do not, just a heads up. Follow the steps below. Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page. Remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Bookmark this link to ask me questions directly in the future: http://bit.ly/AnswersByEric

1. Download this zip file (6000.zip)
  2. UNZIP the file onto your desktop, or a folder you will remember.
  3. Burn both files onto a CDr disc (not a DVD disc)
  4. Insert the CD into your DVD player with it being on
  5. The player will try and run the disc, and you will then be taken to a screen allowing you to change your region to 0. From there, any time a disc wont play, insert the CD again and you can change the region again.
I run an Apple MacIntosh. I can't open zip files. Do you have a program for the Mac?

You can open the zip files on a Mac. Macs have a built in piece of compression software called Archive Utility. All you need to do is double click on the zip file, and you will decompress the file. Or, you can download one of over 50 compression programs for free on the Mac app store.

I will try.

You can also get WinZip for Mac(free) by clicking here.

Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page. Remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Eric, Technician