Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Don't know if you can assist, New sony Bravia x700D, 49

Customer Question
Hi, don't know if...

Hi, don't know if you can assist

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

New sony Bravia x700D, 49 INCHES bought at Bestbuy Canada but for use in Nigeria, West Africa. Voltage is 110v - 240V which is perfect for Nigeria to my surprise, i plugged in the TV for the first time and after the set up, the TV was ON for 5mins and shut down i removed the plug and wait for 2 mins. plughged it back, it was on for 5mins again and shuts down. it's been a recurring thing and i son't know what to do can you advise?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For 2 days now. i tried using stepdown transformer, same thing happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

After being ON for 5mins, there usually comes a buzzing sound 'shhhhhhhhh' sometimes makes the screen freeze before it shuts down that is all for now. i will be grateful if you can advise

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

When it shuts down, is the standby light still on or flashing?