Kraig
Kraig, Engineer
Experience:  Broadcast Engineer for over 7 years.
53814968

My APC Back up 550 is sounding a tone when I tried to

Customer Question

My APC Back up 550 is sounding a tone when I tried to disconnect a plug in. It won't stop.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: BE550G
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have had this since I bought my MAC which 5years. No I am not a geek at all.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, the noise is disturbing.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Kraig replied 1 year ago.

Hello and good evening.

I am sorry to hear that your UPS is beeping. There are several possible reasons why this is happening. However, you can disable the alarm by doing the following:

Step 1:
Connect the UPS's RJ45 to USB communications cable between the UPS and the computer. Ensure the USB cable is inserted directly into one of the host computer's native USB ports. Do not use a hub or after market USB cards to establish communications.

Step 2:
Once the computer has detected the ""New Hardware Device"", install the PowerChute Personal Edition software onto a currently supported operating system.

Step 3:
Once the software has been properly installed, the UPS's audible alarms can be disabled by accessing the ""Notifications Configuration"" section found under the ""Configurations"" Tab and altering the ""Battery Back-UPS Alarm"" section. Here the alarms can be enabled for all events, disabled for all events, disabled during specific UPS conditions or during customer specified time periods.

I hope that my answer has been helpful. If so, please select 3, 4, or 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically. If you are unsure of how to rate my answer, please click here to see how to do it.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely day.