Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an older Panasonic base station and two wireless

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older Panasonic base station and two wireless phones....base station serial number is21bxd365673 one of the phone has the ringer off...I have searched the instruction booklet and have found no mention of the ringer....how do I turn it back on

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Not sir probably over 10 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been off for a least a week....I have searched the instruction book but have not seen any mention of ringer in the instructions or in the trouble shooting section

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should START with KX-TG for most Panasonic systems & serial number does not tell the model).

2) Does the "ringer off" appear on a DISPLAY, and if so, is that TEXT or an ICON (bell with a line through it)?
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks