Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do I empty block calls frojm my phone. It is full and I…

Customer Question
How do I empty...

How do I empty block calls frojm my phone. It is full and I want to start over blocking current calls

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

7 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am not having a problem. I want to remove all the blocked numbers so I can start entering new numbers that I am currently getting

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 9 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with?

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

KX-TG6432MCox phone service

Thanks for that information.

While I find the steps, please confirm that you want to get rid of ALL the blocked calls - and "start over".

Thanks

eliminate all numbers and start over with empty block call

OK - very good.

I have attached - as an image - the steps to erase numbers for the call block list. NOTE that the KEY STEP is step 3, where I have highlighted the key to push to erase the number selected in step 2.

Also, this is an older system that does not appear to have an "erase all" function, so number will need to be deleted one at a time.

Please take a look at the instructions and let me know if you have any trouble interpreting the instructions or performing the steps.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

Here are the steps - IN TEXT - if you have any trouble with interpreting the instructions PLUS a "shortcut" that may work.

To find and delete number(s) from the list, please do the following, using a cordless handsets while not on a call.
1) Pick up the handset and press MENU button, then # 2 1 7 (pound-two-one-seven)
2) Press the UP or DOWN arrows keys - to scroll through the "list" of blocked number UNTIL you highlight the number you want to delete.
3) Press the ERASE soft key (button below the word ERASE of the display).
3a) Press the UP or DOWN arrow keys to highlight "Yes".
3b) Press the SELECT soft key.
3c) Press the OFF button (to exit programming)

Shortcut TIP: You MAY be able to NOT press the OFF button (step 3b) to get back to the list, and continue to erase remaining numbers from that point.
============================

Please give these steps a try and let me know your results.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)