Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Have a great Samsung Smart TV H4500 Model. It recently got

Customer Question
Hi I'm Sandy and have...
Hi I'm Sandy and have a great Samsung Smart TV H4500 Model. It recently got all unplugged when I had a carpet installed. I think all the hook up parts are here. I cannot find the manual, am not technically oriented and am afraid to re-hook it up. I've gone on line and don't know what I'm looking for,
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's one year old. There is nothing wrong with it, it's just been all unhooked and I don't know where to put what to hook it up again
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only a search for a manual. It's been unhooked for a week. I just need the right diagram to connect the parts or else to have a TV repairman come do it fore me, I was hoping to get it up to catch the Ken Burns documentary this week on Vietnam.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Know I think that's the story. Thanks
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi, Phone call tonite please.(###) ###-#### For coaching to re-hook up Samsung Smart TV H4500
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Samsung Smart TV..."
And is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?
Or some other device(s)? ...Internet connection?

If yes, please describe how these devices are connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Hi Louie, The full TV model number isUN28H4500AFXZA. I believe that it is cable TV. I use TIme Warner Cable Service now called Specturm.

Appreciate the additional information.

Is there a cable box from Spectrum?

And yes on the phone call soon as the system has cleared the "Status: ... failure"
Can you please check on your end?
...and contact Customer Service?

Hi. Can't get back to you on Just Answer website. Can you phone me

Yes on the phone call. However, the system reported a second "Status: ... failure" hence the phone call ca not be initiated.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.