Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a sony rm-yd102 remote and the onlyu function i can…

Customer Question
I have a sony...

I have a sony rm-yd102 remote and the onlyu function i can get to work is power on and off. what can i do.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Rm-yd102 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Worked fine this morning. i saw online that i should remove batteries, push each button twice then replace batteries. did not help. i checked the ultraviolet light on the remote with my smartphone and all buttons i tried turned the light on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so. i did replace the batteries though.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the device remotely controlled by the RM-YD102

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

sony xbr55x85ob

Appreciate the additional information.

For test purposes, have you tried the remote pretty close to the location of the TV's IR sensor?

when i push a button on the remote, (any button) the sensor flashes twice as if it received a signal but nothing happens.

Then it would appear not to be a remote control issue.

Would the TV turn on using the TV's own POWER button?

not even sure where the power button is.

I understand.

Please click HERE.

found it and it works fine. turned the tv off and back on again

Offhand it would seem to be an internal hardware issue or more particularly, the IR sensor at the TV itself; i.e. if the remote control passed the camera test.

Have you tried cleaning the covering of the IR sensor?

Or considered a RESET of the TV?

how would i reset the tv

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.