Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I rebooted and have no picture only sound is voice giving…

Customer Question
I rebooted and have...

I rebooted and have no picture only sound is voice giving instructions. Have hdmi1 hooked up on back

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sanyo model fw32do6f. Made June 2017

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 days. Only rebooted with no success

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Does this anything to do with cable?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What device is connected to hdmi1?
Can you see the sanyo menu screens at all?

Cable box with in and out hdmi
What else do u need 2 know
Don't want to call

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I'm not asking you to call. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Please focus on the chat here to make this more productive and expedient.

Are you able to see the tvs own menu screens (pressing the menu button on the sanyo remote)?

Can see menu screen and instructions
No picture only voice instructions

Thank you for checking,

that would mean this is a box issue rather than a tv issue,

please unplug power to the cable box for 5-10 minutes

replug, give it another 5 minutes to start back up, then test again and see how it works

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.