Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My kindle fire is about 9 or 10 years old and now suddenly…

my kindle fire is about...
my kindle fire is about 9 or 10 years old and now suddenly it just stopped. It won't charge and won't turn on. the screen is blank. I have held the button down for the count of 40 and still nothing. It won't charge either.
9/17/2017
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That sounds like a sudden battery failure. But a few questions:

- Has it ever had a failure or been serviced/repaired, since you have owned it?

- would you like to try to replace the battery yourself, or would you prefer to send it out, or prefer to take it to a shop local to you, for repair, if I determine the battery is likely to have failed?

never been repaired before. I would like to take it to a local shop if it is the battery.

It probably is the battery, after that long a time (9 or 10 years) of good care and usage.

Then, what is your local zip code or town/city and state, please? so that I may recommend a local shop or several, highly rated ones only or mostly, near you...

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan 48081

Try these, calling first to ask if they can repair your Kindle:

Total Computer Support

*****br />Saint Clair Shores, MI 48081(###) ###-####/p>

or

Starlit TV Repair

Address:***** St Clair Shores, MI 48080

Hours: ⋅ Opens 9AM Mon

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

or

The Electronics Doctor

15196 E*****br />Warren, MI 48088

(###) ###-####/p>

or

GadgetDrop Cell Phone & Tablet Repair

Address: 11508***** Sterling Heights, MI 48312

Hours: Opens 10AM Mon

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

or

Cellular EMT

Address:***** St Clair Shores, MI 48080

Hours: Opens 10AM Mon

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Most of these, if not all, are closed on Sunday. I regret that basically no electronics shop of this type works on a Sunday.

These are all highly rated and likely to be able to help you. They are also nearby to your location, not too far I hope.

If these cannot help you, there are other listings, so let me know if these are the least not-suitable. I will list others, if that's how it turns out.

Before you go, please rate my answer using the five-star rating interface on your JustAnswer page, or letting me know in Reply, what your rating would be - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done on making sure you get the right answer, useful to the device's problem. Thank you, ***** ***** a pleasant Sunday evening.

Russell H., Service Tech