Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

KX-TGF572 Is there a way to brighten the display on the main…

Customer Question
KX-TGF572 Is there...

KX-TGF572 Is there a way to brighten the display on the main phone to show MESSGES?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Purchased at Best Buy one month ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The display has never been bright. This is 78 year-old-grandma and I am not technology literate.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

It isn't possible to adjust the brightness, but you can adjust the contrast, which may make it easier to read, if you make the text darker (to better stand out from the background).

On the main phone, key in Menu#145,

if prompted to choose base or handset choose base (for the main phone) and press select

then up/down to select the desired level, from 1-6. By default it is at 3,

then press Save

then Off/exit.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you,

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.