Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

It's not an electronics question, but I have a Sentry Safe,

Customer Question
It's not an electronics...

It's not an electronics question, but I have a Sentry Safe, combination type, that I cannot get open. It's like the bolts only open half way when I turn it and stop. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Let me check, it's about 5-6 yrs old. I can't locate the paperwork work right now but it's along the lines of a 24 gun model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just tried to open it today and didn't have any luck getting it open. Prior to today, it hasn't been a problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I have a suggestion, but will have to ask further questions first, please:

- How long is it since it was last opened successfully?

- do you have a rubber mallet? if so, tap it firmly around the door a few times with the mallet. Then try the combination again, to propel the latches free.

- push in on the door, try the combination again while doing so.

- if none of that helps, let me know, and I will have a further suggestion.