Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Nikon LR1200 rangefinder and it is not working

Customer Question
I have a Nikon...

I have a Nikon LR1200 rangefinder and it is not working properly. I visited a Nikon site some time ago where you could enter the problem and they would indicate if it could be repaired and where to send it. Can you direct me to that site? The problem is that the rangefinder only displays the distance some of the time.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a Nikon LR1200, probably 5+ years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It suddenly began last year and I stopped using it after replacing the batteries did not have any effect.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that what you are looking for is this page:

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/service-and-support/nikon-authorized-repair-list.page

however it cannot find the model LR1200 nor does it list any product but cameras and camera lenses when you Browse for a model. I fear that facility does not work for Nikon-made rangefinder repair stations any more.

You may have to contact Nikon by phone at 1-800-NIKON US (1-***-***-****) 9AM-8PM EST, Monday through Friday, to check.

Or, you may have to end it off for repair through Nikon Repair's page at

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/service-and-support/service-and-repair.page

which will most likely work out fine for you, in default of other means.

- Does this information answer your question? if so, would you be willing to rate my answer and my work, please?