Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My panasonic microwave was cooking and just stopped. nothing…

Customer Question
My panasonic microwave was...

My panasonic microwave was cooking and just stopped. nothing is working and nothing even lights up. is it worth repairing?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic 2.6 cubic feet 3 years old nn-sn968w

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just quit and no longer does anything. tried unplugging and plugging back in nothing works nothing lights up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just wanting to know if it worth repairing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Whether you think it worth repairing is a question I cannot answer. But, an assessment of it as it is now, might add something to the decision.

1. is there any burnt smell (aside from food smells) inside the microwave, or near it?

2. try unplugging it for several minutes or 20 + minutes. Then plug in again (with door closed!) and see whether the controls do anything.

3. did you buy it from a Canadian store or vendor? (This might affect the warranty, though that is unlikely to be more than a year from purchase date, perhaps.)

Bought it from Sears Canada less than 3 years ago
No burning smell. It just stopped. Now nothing works

OK... have you tried the unplugging for a while?

Just did the unplugging no change

Some parts (and sometimes labor) in a microwave are warrantied by Panasonic Canada for (1 or) 2 years, or the magnetron specifically for 4 years.

What sort of model of microwave is it? the warranty coverage varies according to whether it is a counter-top model, a built-into-wall or built-into or over-the-range model. Which is yours, please?