Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am wondering how to reset my Denon DVD A1? Denon DVD A1…

Customer Question
Hi, I am Richard...

Hi, I am Richard and I am wondering how to reset my Denon DVD A1?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Denon DVD A1 age is >10 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Suddenly the audio disappeared completely. I read the manual, I tried the on screen setup procedure, I read the manual again. I have switched the direct knob and the dvd - coaxial knob. Et cetera. Now i would like to reset the machine as to find out what is going on inside the thing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

While the player is in the stop mode, hold the player's SKIP (9) button and the PLAY button down simultaneously and then hold the OPEN/CLOSE button down for longer than 3 seconds (until "INITIALIZE" disappears from the TV monitor).

The lock will be released and all default settings and picture settings will return to the default values.

I am sorry but it does not work. The cd player is still not working (no sound form the speakers).

Unfortunately, if the factory reset did not work then it is a hardware issue that would require repair/replacement.