Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We bought a small fire safe of yours from Amazon about 8…

Customer Question
We bought a small...

We bought a small fire safe of yours from Amazon about 8 months ago. we keep some jewelry and other valuables in it. today i went to open with the key and it does not turn more than 90 degrees and does not open. any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sentry, have no idea on model or where to look for such.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started. trouble shooting for a key lock???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Is it electric?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is the handle in the right position for opening? supposedly that can sometimes impede the opening of the safe.

Did the key not fit right perhaps? if you have two keys, then turn the first key back then remove the first key, then try the other key, being sure it fits, before turning it.

Other things may be done, and other things maybe a problem... so some questions, please:

- when was the last time it opened successfully?

- is this a fire safe with a keypad on it also?

- what is the model or any numbers on the safe anywhere on a label?