Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

WHY I CAN'T ANSWER QUESTION ON MY PASASONIC KXTG785 WHEN TO…

Customer Question
WHY I CAN'T ANSWER...

WHY I CAN'T ANSWER QUESTION ON MY PASASONIC KXTG785 WHEN I AM ASK TO RESPOND BY ENTERING 1 OR 2 THE PHONE DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE NUMBER WHEN I PRESS IT

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

ON DAY OLD

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

SINCE I HAD IT

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are several possible causes of this including a line fault, a hardware fault in the panasonic, or an incorrect setting.

As a first step, take a handset and key in Menu#1202 Save Off, then make a test call and let me know the results please when you have a chance.

Thank you,

I try that and it did not work phone still want except me putting in number when ask to
what is my next step in fixing the problem
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 9 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome,

It appears that your other expert may be offline right now, so let me see if I can help.

The NEXT STEP (test really), would be to call that service you are trying to use the number keys to "answer a question", but this time TRY pressing the * (star/asterisk) key FIRST - BEFORE pressing the number key.

Please let me know if you can do that TEST, and if it works for getting you past the questions.

If it does, we may still have "more work to do" - to avoid having to press the * key in the future.

I look forward to your results.

Greg A.

(im)

Still doesn't work

OK - can you try the steps below - while the system is NOT on a call - and let me know what you SEE on the handset display?

Press MENU

Press # 1 2 0 (pound-one-two-zero).

Let me know what you see on the display - including ALL TEXT.

Thanks

Where is the pound located on the phone

Pound is next to the ZERO key - on the RIGHT side of the keypad.

I see set dial mode t pulse bask and save
Correction set dial mode, tone, pulse, back and save

OK - use the UP or DOWN part of the "navigation key" (top "roundish key), to HIGHLIGHT "Tone" - then press the SAVE soft key. You should hear a "confirmation tone" when that setting is saved.

Press OFF to exit the programming mode.

The try the TEST CALL again.

Let me know your results - such as IF you hear the confirmation tone AND of the new TEST CALL now works.

Thanks

No still don't work

Please send me the DETAILS about what was seen and heard - during the steps.

Remember - I can not see or hear what you see and hear - and must be told.

I heard the comfirmatipn tone however the test still fail

OK - have you tried MORE THAN ONE "service" - where touching numbers takes you through their navigation system?

I only ask so we can TEST if this is really a "phone issue" or perhaps just one "automated system" that is being dialed into.

Thanks

I have try lot of service call and the same thing happen

OK - let's try another type of test - to see if the "touch tones" can be HEARD during a call (any call).

For this TEST - please call one of the automated systems you have been trying - and during that call, pick up a DIFFERENT handset, press the TALK button, so that you can "listen in" on the call.

Then, while listening, press one of the number keys (a HIGH number is *****), and let me know if you HEAR the "touch tone" OR something else - such as a series of "clicks". NOTE: If clicks are heard, they should correspond to number you touch.

For example, touch number 9, and you MAY be able to count 9 rapid clicks.

Please let me know if you can do this next TEST and DETAILED results - if you can.

Thanks