Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Is the Pioneer DV- 524 DVD player PAL compatible and multi…

Customer Question
Is the Pioneer DV-...

Is the Pioneer DV- 524 DVD player PAL compatible and multi regional capable? I am looking to purchase a DVD from Australia.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Where would I find that on the machine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

November 1999

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I have done no trouble shooting since I'm asking before ordering

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Yes, the Pioneer DV- 524 is PAL compatible and multi-region capable.

This information is in the user manual.

I hope it works for the Pioneer DV 525 also because I typed in the wrong model number! I got the DVR, and I guess my ex got the owner's manual in the divorce because I can't locate it!

For the DV-525 the region number of the player can be found on the rear panel.

You can download a copy of the manual from

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/130161/Pioneer-Dv-525.html

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.