Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I've been told that my computer has a Trojan infection. hp…

Customer Question
I've been told that...

I've been told that my computer has a Trojan infection.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Hp 1500 2015

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am trying to install a new computer with office and called Microsoft and they said that I have an ip infection.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This is a scam. Microsoft will never call you unless you've raised a support ticket.
Microsoft will never call you unless you need a support from them and for that you have to send a request first.
If you have provided them with your Credit card details, please get in touch with your bank's Credit card department immediately, and notify them about your situation.

Could you please share the number to which you called?

You can reply using the chat box below.

If you have allowed them to remote into your computer then, please check for any software they might have installed. If yes, then we have to remove it completely from your system. Please let me know when you're ready.