Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Panasonic Phone KX-TG7892AZ Operating Instructions; page 61…

Customer Question
Panasonic Phone KX-TG7892AZ Operating...

Panasonic Phone KX-TG7892AZ Operating Instructions; page 61 Answering system settings. I want to select 9 Rings before the units answering system operates. How to Program this this Please ???

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

YESTERDAY purchase

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I bought the phone yesterday, but can't comprehend owner's instructions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all for now, but the manual leaves me with a lot of questions

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 9 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with with the instructions for this phone. I know it can be difficult to interpret and use the instructions - especially if the Panasonic system is the first you have used.

To help you with this issue, let me recommend that you look at the "Programmable settings" section of the manual, starting at about page 34. That page details how to use either the "Menu" system of the system OR the "Direct command codes".

Also, right after the instructions, there is a "table" that is several pages long with the details of each Menu item AND the direct command code to get to each particular feature.

Once you have located the instructions and that table, take a look at the following video - which shows how to set the "Ring Count" that you are looking to program. Once you have seen the video once or twice, try the same steps on your system - and see if that works for you.

NOTE: The handset in the video may not match your handsets, but the steps are the SAME for most Panasonic systems.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzkJMSPZ7K8

Please let me know if that works for you or if you have different results or more questions.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)