Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a sennheiser headset for my telephone that is

Customer Question
I have a sennheiser...

I have a sennheiser headset for my telephone that is starting to go out. What I mean by go out is that when I speak into the headset the person at the other end of the call cannot hear me. Can y'all help?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

I think it is about 7 maybe 8 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been going on for several months. I thought at first the battery may be bad. I bought a new battery, but have not installed it, because the headphone seems to be charging fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this point. There may be other questions that may provoke new answers.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This problem can happen when dirt and dust accumulate in the tiny microphone holes on your headset.

Try clearing out the holes using a vacuum cleaner or carefully using a pin or needle.

Let me know if that helps?