Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic telephone, model # KXTG4111 C. Just

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is Carmelle, I have a Panasonic telephone , model # KXTG4111 C. Just recently I changed the ringer tone on my telephone. Since then, I receive and make calls with no problems however, for several days now, I can not reached my message center, I usually dial *98 and my recorded message says 'Vince and Carmelle" and then I entered my personal identification # and I was able to get my messages NOW I dial *98 and my Personal ID # and a voice tells me that the call did not go thru, to hang up and try my call again but I have been doing this for 3+ days. Please help, What have I done wrong? I have an older phone with no display or a dock and this works perfectly to check my messages and delete them.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

All I can find is hasPanasonic on the front with a 6.0 number on it and the model # is KXTG4111c with an N that is circled

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

3+ days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need help!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Hello Carmelle,

As an initial step, can you try picking up the line (get a dial tone) then dial your full 10 digit home phone number, and tell me if you can access your messages that way?

No I can not access my message, my recorded message toask the caller to leave a message after the beep comes on

Okay try it again, noting that you have to do this from the home phone (not your cell phone)

when the greeting message comes on, press the * key, and see if it asks for your pin then.

Which key would you want me to press after my phone #

Dial your phone number, wait for the greeting to answer, press the * key, then listen for prompts it may give you (asking for your pin number, for example)

I get no prompts , only a voice telling me that my call did not go thru , to please hang up and call again. I have no cell phone

Thank you for confirming,

this is not a problem with your panasonic phone, it is a problem with the phone line or voicemail server on your phone company end.

Who provides your home phone service?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.