John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My 48 year old Panasonic RF-507 drops in and out for the

Customer Question

My 48 year old Panasonic RF-507 drops in and out for the past 2 yrs. I've changed batteries but sometimes the new ones don't work, then when I put in the old ones back in it may start up again.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic RF-507
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: maybe 48+ years old.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I love my Panasonic. The repair shops wont look at it, because its too old.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually its 48 years old, the problem of dropping in & out is only for the last 2 years.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you tried cleaning (even lightly scraping) the battery contacts?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Louie. Sometimes that works, most times I have to try cleaning it over and over again. There's no dust, no rust that I can see. So I thought perhaps there is something loose in there, and when I turn it over to open the battery compartment, perhaps I'm just giggling " IT " back in place. I'm looking for a miracle. I'm hoping get it fixed before it (or I) die.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Please post back with clear pictures of the battery compartment/contacts and the controls of the RF-507. Click HERE.

These pictures would then serve as common references.