John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a P. digital cordless answering system and when I try

Customer Question

I have a P. digital cordless answering system and when I try to dial a number such as Safeway pharmacy, they give you options such as (example) to press 1 for directions, 2 to refill, etc.. When I press 1 or 2 it doesn't seem to work. The recorded message keeps asking me to press 1 or 2 and even though I have, it doesn't go through. It's happened with other places too when I get in that phone tree and have to press additional numbers to get where I want to. It's not working. Why?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: KX-TG6841
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started happening. I don't know how to fix it.............or if it can be fixed. Don't know what to try.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
multiple handsets and happens on them all, no fax, landline, no dsl
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any other phones there, not part of the cordless system (just a regular corded or wall phone for example)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry I signed up for this. Don't think you will have an answer. Don't want to be charged and don't want to sign up for anything. Can you cancel this whole thing and not charge my card? Please.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

We're all independent techs here. I have no ability to cancel or refund anything. If you can give me a few moments, I can finish giving you an answer under the fees you've already paid.

You are not signed up for or obligated to anything further.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

The first step here is to check and adjust a few settings,

take a handset and key in Menu#120, then up/down to select TONE, then press Save, then Off.

Then try a test call and let me know if it works for you at that point.