Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a P. digital cordless answering system and when I try…

Customer Question
I have a P...

I have a P. digital cordless answering system and when I try to dial a number such as Safeway pharmacy, they give you options such as (example) to press 1 for directions, 2 to refill, etc.. When I press 1 or 2 it doesn't seem to work. The recorded message keeps asking me to press 1 or 2 and even though I have, it doesn't go through. It's happened with other places too when I get in that phone tree and have to press additional numbers to get where I want to. It's not working. Why?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

KX-TG6841

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started happening. I don't know how to fix it.............or if it can be fixed. Don't know what to try.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

multiple handsets and happens on them all, no fax, landline, no dsl

Do you have any other phones there, not part of the cordless system (just a regular corded or wall phone for example)?

no
I'm sorry I signed up for this. Don't think you will have an answer. Don't want to be charged and don't want to sign up for anything. Can you cancel this whole thing and not charge my card? Please.

We're all independent techs here. I have no ability to cancel or refund anything. If you can give me a few moments, I can finish giving you an answer under the fees you've already paid.

You are not signed up for or obligated to anything further.

The first step here is to check and adjust a few settings,

take a handset and key in Menu#120, then up/down to select TONE, then press Save, then Off.

Then try a test call and let me know if it works for you at that point.