John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

A YAESU G-800SA ROTATOR. iT WAS IMPEDED BY A COAX AND WITH

Customer Question

I AM USING A YAESU G-800SA ROTATOR. iT WAS IMPEDED BY A COAX AND WITH EFFORTS TO MOVE IT THE OVERLAP LIGHT IS ON. pROBLEM CORRECTED BUT LIGHT ON AND WILL NOT FUNCTION. hELP!
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 15 YEARS OL;D. G-800SA
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: JUST BECAME A PROBLEM. cORECXTED PROBLEM ON TOWER. hAVE TRIED REMOVING CABLE FROM BOX, AND TYHE LIGHT REMAINS ON DESPITE BEING CONNECTED
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try first, adjusting the Overlap Adjustment potentiometer. It varies the position at which the Overlap LED comes on... which very generally means you have turned the rotator too far in one direction, I think.

Does that help you with the subject of your question? if not, I will help further; if so, please let me know.