Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Model # = X041E I went to my safe to open it. As soon as I

Customer Question

Model # = X041E
I went to my safe to open it. As soon as I touched a key,
It gave a quick double beep and a yellow light came on.
I used the key to open it and replaced the batteries.
No change. Can you assist?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a model X041E
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I changed the batteries. Still same problem. Is is possible it reverted to its original combination setting?
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your safe issue today. I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

What is the make SENTRY and model number X041E of your safe? Do you have a manual?

Do you know the correct combination? Do you have an override key?

Were the batteries (not rechargeable ones) changed? YES

When was the last time you successfully opened and closed the safe?

What happened that made it go from working to non-working?

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
First, this is NOT an answer to my problem but a seeking further information with the supposed intent to solve my issue.
No I do not have a manual. Yes I know the correct combination. Yes I have manual key.
The last time I was able to use the combination to open it was August 3, 2017.
I do not know what caused the malfunction, though I suspected dead batteries.
I have had the safe about two years.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am at work and cannot address this with a phone call.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I need to gather as much information as I can right now I am not there to do that and it makes it that much more difficult.......so i do need you help and patience..........Just Answer has a standard of requesting phone service........so it can be disregarded right now and we will correspond here

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

would you happen to know if there is a drawer and a button on the inside of this model?