Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a 0A5848 thed handel on it is loose and i can't open…

Customer Question
I have a 0A5848...

I have a 0A5848 thed handel on it is loose and i can't open the safe the combination is fine the electronic lock is good . What should I do

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is 10 years old it is 0A5848 BA53754

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The handel has been loose for years but i was able to open the safe but it seems to get loser all the time now it won't work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi.................what we can try at first is to play with this handle so that we can get it open put in the combination and then press in on the handle and turn it until it grabs........you may have to try this several times........more than likely you need to replace the handle......or obtain a new safe .............the priority is to get the safe open and then empty the contents.............please let me know if this will work if not we will have to think of something else

Thanks

eddie