John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Our Panasonic 6.0 Plus cordless telephone (with 4 handsets)

Customer Question

Our Panasonic 6.0 Plus cordless telephone (with 4 handsets) works and has worked for over 2 or 3 years, but recently when we failed to answer the telephone a message to the caller says that this number is ***** of service. The answering function is turned on according to the light on the base unit. My question is: Is the unit needing to be replaced or repaired, or what?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Your question is hard to understand. My question is not about our TV but our cordless phone unit.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This has been going on for less than a month. When it started we don't know but have received a report from one of our children that it is happening. I have not done any troubleshooting myself, but contacted the Comcast (our service provider) technician today who reports that it sounds like the unit should be replaced. What do you think?
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know of anything else to report. I wish I did--but this is why I am contacting you!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you tell me the model number of your phone system?

Can you also tell me the exact message/greeting/error that people hear? Is it perhaps something about mail box not set up yet?

Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.