Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an older model Panasonic KX-FP205C plain paper fax…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older model Panasonic KX-FP205C plain paper fax with digital answering system. It still works well but we have just bought from Costco a new Panasonic multi phone system will it's own answering machine on the base station. We would like to use the old KX-FP just as a phone and need to disable (turn off) the answering system. How do we do that?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

KX-FP205C about 12 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We don't have a trouble shooting problem we just need to know how to turn off the answer function on the old machine so that it doesn't conflict with the new system

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

To do this, press the Auto Answer Button next to the LCD display until the indicator turns off

It is then used just as a telephone

Let me know how you go please