John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Can't get my fax to work... for received faxes they are

Customer Question

Can't get my fax to work... for received faxes they are going to my voicemail
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

It sounds like this is on a shared fax/voice line, is that correct?
Do you have any trouble with sending outgoing faxes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can send faxes but cannot receive faxes. I do have a shared fax/voice line
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Urgent
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.
My apologies for the delay. Please send only a single message and allow me time to receive it and respond. Multiple replies can get stuck in the queue and delayed. The issue here is your voice line. While a fax can coexist with a telephone and even with an answering machine in some cases it cannot be on a line with voicemail service. They conflict with each other as one will prevent the other from working. In this case you would need to either lower the number of rings on the canon so it answered sooner which would negate the voicemail or you would call the phone company and tell them to turn off the voicemail service. If you need voicemail then you would need to consider ordering a 2nd line to be dedicated to the fax machine.