Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

If the Zeus Virus alert appears on the computer screen,

Customer Question
Hi. If the...

Hi. If the Zeus Virus alert appears on the computer screen, should the prompts be followed by calling Microsoft?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

HP 2017

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started after printing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

The number is ***** for Microsoft so please do not call it as it is to the virus company,.

In which web browser are you seeing the message?

Explorer

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart explorer and tell me if it has now cleared please

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.