John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Have a Wahl Custom Shave electric shaver (2 years old).

Customer Question

Have a Wahl Custom Shave electric shaver (2 years old). After a good charge time, very weak attempt at shaving. Kind of early for a used up battery? Or is there a chance a lot of old shaven whiskers have accumulated inside somewhere and are causing a problem? Thanks.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: this morning
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not unless it is very simple. Per the literature it came with, removed the foil and cutter bar, the two spring clips on top, and "pulled back" trimmer housing (does it come off?) . I can't see anything in there.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I.m aware of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  James I replied 1 month ago.

Its unlikely to be a build up of debris causing the shaving to be weak, a easy test is move the head with your finger it should be freely moving.

From what you have described the fault is with the battery, normally a battery would last about 5 years, is the model you have fitted with a lithium ion or NiCad battery?